Definition of Portable saw
1. Noun. A circular saw that is portable and is operated with a hand grip.
Portable Saw Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Portable Saw Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Portable Saw
Literary usage of Portable saw
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Plough, the Loom, and the Anvil (1856)
"FRAZEE'S PATENT portable saw-MILL.. But invention genius has not overlooked these necessities, and machinery has lately been constructed which readers it ..."
2. The Cultivator: A Monthly Publication, Devoted to Agriculture by New York State Agricultural Society (1852)
"Page's portable saw Mill. Having received several inquiries in relation to this machine, ... I have seen the portable saw mill worked with four horses, ..."
3. The Cultivator by New York State Agricultural Society (1852)
"... portable saw Mill. Having received several inquiries in relation to this machine, we forwarded them to our correspondent at Baltimore, Dr. GB SMITH, ..."
4. Military Bridges: Including, Also, Designs for Trestle and Truss Bridges for by Hermann Haupt (1864)
"... and, in this connection, it is proper to state, that it would often effect great saving if a small portable saw-mill could be carried with an army. ..."
5. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1887)
"The ac-* tion was brought in the district court for Weber county, to recover the value of two steam-engines and boilers, and a portable saw-mill connected ..."
6. Handbook of Construction Equipment: Its Cost and Use by Richard Turner Dana (1921)
"portable saw Rig. mounted on a long truck with seat tool box, tongue, tilting saw table, balance wheel, belt tightener and saw costs as follows: Hp. of ..."