Definition of Porzana porzana
1. Noun. Eurasian rail of swamps and marshes.
Porzana Porzana Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Porzana Porzana Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Porzana Porzana
Literary usage of Porzana porzana
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Hand-book to the Birds of Great Britain by Richard Bowdler Sharpe (1897)
"The sexes are alike in plumage. I. THE SPOTTED CRAKE. porzana porzana. ... 495 (1889). porzana porzana, Sharpe, Cat. B. Brit. Mus. xxiii. p. 93 (1894). ..."
2. Handbook of Birds of Eastern North America: With Keys to the Species and by Frank Michler Chapman (1895)
"porzana porzana)—sn Old World representative of our Sora—is recorded as " occasional in Greenland." 215. ..."
3. The Birds of Eastern North America Known to Occur East of the Nineteenth by Charles Barney Cory, Field Museum of Natural History (1899)
"North America, Canada to Cuba; often occurring in large numbers on New England marshes during migrations. GENUS PORZANA. VIEILL. 170 (213) porzana porzana. ..."
4. Geology of New Jersey by New Jersey Geological Survey, George Hammell Cook (1868)
"Genus PORZANA. Porzana Carolina. Rail, Sora. Much tendency appears to exist among people generally to enshroud this common bird with mystery, ..."