Definition of Potato disease
1. Noun. A blight of potatoes.
Potato Disease Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Potato Disease Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Potato Disease
Literary usage of Potato disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Popular Science Monthly (1874)
"The Potato-Disease.^It is quite certain that the same stock grown on the same land, ... This is of no avail in the potato-disease, which, under conditions ..."
2. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"Various methods have been proposed for the prevention or arrest of the ravages of the fungus which causes the "potato disease " (see below). ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and General (1890)
"Viewed in this light, the potato disease may yet prove a blessing to the nation. Its continued prevalence ..."
4. The Cultivator by New York State Agricultural Society (1848)
"Had those who have speculated on the causes of the potato disease cultivated the ... Hence I would as soon talk of Tomato, or Melon, as of potato disease. ..."
5. Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England by Royal Agricultural Society of England (1874)
"Report on the Cultivation of Potatoes, with special reference to the Potato-disease. By HM JENKINS, FGS, Secretary of the Society. ..."
6. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and General (1890)
"We know now, from the utter prostration and helplessness into which this wretched population was at once thrown by the memorable potato disease, ..."
7. The Cultivator by New York State Agricultural Society (1850)
"Can there be then a more convincing proof that potato disease, which always commence* with thit pallid aspect of the foliage, attended with the withered ..."
8. Nature by Norman Lockyer, Nature Publishing Group (1875)
"The Royal Agricultural Society and the potato disease Prof. Dyer asks, "Is it not surprising that ths Royal Agricultural Society should think the offer of n ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Potato disease