Definition of Power couple
1. Noun. A couple both of whom have high-powered careers or are politically influential.
Power Couple Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Power Couple Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Power Couple
Literary usage of Power couple
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Transactions of the Royal Irish Academy by Royal Irish Academy (1837)
"and gives this expression for the /u'th power, or power-couple, of any effective number-couple, (b, , JJ" = F(JU F-'(&, , 5,)). (143. ..."
2. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1916)
"... we have an abundant supply of natural gas and an abundance of fuel oil; we also have an abundance of cheap electric power. Couple with these an ..."
3. Bulletin of the American Institute of Mining Engineers by American Institute of Mining Engineers (1915)
"... we also have an abundance of cheap electric power. Couple with these an abundance of cheap iron and it seems as if there must blossom forth a large iron ..."
4. Daytrips Hawaii: 50 One Day Adventures on Six Islands by Car, Bus, Bicycle by David Cheever (2001)
"He built it in 1889 as a memorial to his wife. They were the original power couple — with lots of Aloha. We'll also make a visit — outside the influence ..."
5. Between Empty Nesting and the Old Age Home by Bob Waun (2007)
"... they were moving to a home that is much more than a house, it is a legacy to mark a lifetime of overachievement by this self-made, power couple. ..."
6. Commercial Relations of the United States with Foreign Countries by United States Dept. of State, Dept. of State, United States Bureau of Manufactures, United States, Bureau of Foreign Commerce (1879)
"... shown as the amount withdrawn from this land to support the industries of a foreign power. Couple this fact with the fact that the exports from Germany ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Power couple