2. Noun. (Australia New Zealand military slang Digger slang) A firing position. ¹
3. Noun. (Australia New Zealand colloquial) A position or place, especially one that is advantageous. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Pozzy
1. a position [n POZZIES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pozzy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pozzy
pozzy (current term)
Literary usage of Pozzy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason and ...by Thomas Bayly Howell by Thomas Bayly Howell (1816)
"Where do you live t pozzy. 1 know general Feilding by sieht ; I remember one night he came and asked for the father in red. ..."
2. A Collection of the Most Remarkable and Interesting Trials: Particularly of by SnaggR (1776)
"pozzy. It was in November, ... pozzy. No, nothing. Council. ... pozzy came under my chamber-window, called to me, and faid, here is Major ..."
3. Evangelical Christendom by Evangelical Alliance (1849)
"M. pozzy is a man of piety and talent. His acquirements as a theological ... The letter which M. pozzy has addressed to his consistory, giving in his ..."
4. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association by American Veterinary Medical Association. (1916)
"Dr. pozzy gives in review the history of the use of pus as medium for culture, which is short and then gives the technic whie he has followed in his ..."
5. The Methodist Review (1863)
"A Study of Voltaire, by Races, by B. pozzy. What one sees in an English Village, by Eug. F. Kuhn. The Spiritual Philosophy and Christianity, by F. Bonifas. ..."