Definition of Premature baby
1. Noun. An infant that is born prior to 37 weeks of gestation.
Generic synonyms: Neonate, Newborn, Newborn Baby, Newborn Infant
Premature Baby Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Premature Baby Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Premature Baby
Literary usage of Premature baby
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diseases of Nutrition and Infant Feeding by John Lovett Morse, Fritz Bradley Talbot (1920)
"better for the new-born premature baby to have colostrum or an established breast-milk. The evidence on the two sides is incomplete, and the question must ..."
2. Infant Care by Mary (Mills) West (1921)
"The premature baby. The methods of feeding and care of the infant born before full term are applicable also to a small delicate baby. ..."
3. Obstetrics: A Practical Text-book for Students and Practitioners by Edwin Bradford Cragin, George Hope Ryder (1916)
"The premature baby is at first unable to nurse directly from the breast, hence the milk must be drawn with a breast-pump. If the services of a wet-nurse ..."
4. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1898)
"amongst the peasants of Silesia, of placing the premature baby in a jar filled with feathers. These rude means, however, indicate a perception of the most ..."
5. Getting Ready to be a Mother: A Little Book of Information and Advice for by Carolyn Conant Van Blarcom (1922)
"Since the premature baby's lungs are not fully expanded, respirations are likely ... In feeding the premature baby, breast milk is the most desirable food. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Premature baby