Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Presentableness Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Presentableness
Literary usage of Presentableness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Century (1902)
"The machinery of advancement to prominence in this set has now become so familiar that, given unlimited money, a decent presentableness on the part of the ..."
2. The German Classics of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries: Masterpieces by Isidore Singer, William Guild Howard (1914)
"Why didn't you bring her with you? LACHMANN. Her social presentableness isn't exactly of the . ..."
3. The Message of Greek Art by Harry Huntington Powers (1913)
"80), likewise a Roman copy, was unfortunately erroneously restored in the period when presentableness rather than historic accuracy was the desideratum in ..."
4. Dixie; Or, Southern Scenes and Sketches by Julian Ralph (1895)
"Often our ministers stand head and shoulders above theirs when measured from the standpoints of manhood, ability, presentableness, and sometimes family ..."
5. Incidents of the United States Christian Commission by Edward Parmelee Smith (1869)
"Shirts and pants hung in shreds; some wore drawers only, the pantaloons being past all presentableness or service; the shoeless and stockingless were ..."
6. Civic Education: Sociological Foundations and Courses by David Snedden (1922)
"... kinds of business contacts where personal presentableness avails much. A man of forty with his composite character is very differently valued ..."