Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Presettlement Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Presettlement
Literary usage of Presettlement
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Northwest Forest Plan: A Report to the President and Congress by E. Thomas Tuchmann (1998)
"Roles of Natural and presettlement Human Disturbances Understanding the influence of disturbances such as fire, wind, insects, disease, and human activity ..."
2. Proceedings: Symposium on Fire in Wilderness and Park Management edited by James K. Brown, Robert W. Mutch, Charles W. Spoon, Ronald H. Wakimoto (1996)
"The difference between presettlement and recent fire activity was more than ... During the presettlement period, annual burned area for these two regime ..."
3. Biodiversity and the Management of the Madrean Archipelago: The Sky Islands edited by Leonard F. DeBano (1999)
"1992 measurement Trees per hectare 3098 Quadratic mean diameter (cm) 11.9 Woody fuel loading (metric ton/ha) presettlement patches Postsettlement patches ..."
4. Conference on Adaptive Ecosystem Restoration and Management: Restoration of edited by Wallace Covington, Pamela K. Wagner (1998)
"presettlement DIVERSITY There is evidence for a diversity of structure and ... At 8 plots at Bar-M Canyon, presettlement timber volumes ranged from 341 ..."
5. Ecology, Diversity and Sustainability of the Middle Rio Grande Basin edited by Deborah M. Finch, Joseph A. Tainter (1996)
"Although ecologists and managers have long recognized that fire was an important factor in presettlement dynamics of the pinyon-juniper type (Leopold 1924), ..."