Definition of Price control
1. Noun. Restriction on maximum prices that is established and maintained by the government (as during periods of war or inflation).
Price Control Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Price Control Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Price Control
Literary usage of Price control
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Immigration and Labor: The Economic Aspects of European Immigration to the by Isaac Aaronovich Hourwich (1922)
"The profiteering which resulted from the methods of price control ... Restriction of the supply of labor does not touch the problem of price control. ..."
2. The Evolution of Modern Capitalism: A Study of Machine Production by John Atkinson Hobson (1907)
"General Summary of price control. , § i. It remains to investigate the actual economic power which a "monopoly" possesses over the several departments of an ..."
3. Public Affairs Information Service Bulletin by Public Affairs Information Service (1920)
"Prices and price control in Great Britain and the United States during ... 19) 331p tables ? price '20 Oxford Governmental price fixing or price control. ..."
4. Resale Price Maintenance by Claudius Temple Murchison (1919)
"CHAPTER V price control AND ITS RELATION TO QUALITY AND SERVICE IF the dominant voice in the solution of the price-maintenance problem belongs to the ..."
5. Preliminary Economic Studies of the War by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Division of Economics and History, Thomas Nixon Carver (1920)
"CHAPTER I price control in the Past Agitation against speculation and the middleman is not new; neither is the attempt to prevent the first and to control ..."
6. Power and Market by Murray N. Rothbard (2006)
"If the price control is "selective," ie, is imposed on one or a few products, the economy will not be as universally dislocated as under general maxima, ..."
7. Marketing, Its Problems and Methods by Carson Samuel Duncan (1920)
"price control.—In a time of emergency, when society itself is in ganger, ... Beginning in August, 1917, the government price control extended to the signing ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Price control