Definition of Princess feather
1. Noun. Annual with broadly ovate leaves and slender drooping spikes of crimson flowers; southeastern Asia and Australia; naturalized in North America.
Group relationships: Genus Polygonum, Polygonum
Generic synonyms: Subshrub, Suffrutex
Princess Feather Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Princess Feather Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Princess Feather
Literary usage of Princess feather
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Practical Nature Study and Elementary Agriculture: A Manual for the Use of by John Gaylord Coulter, Alice Jean Patterson (1909)
"Close to the fence plant seeds that produce high plants, such as cosmos or tall nasturtiums that will run up over the fence, golden glow, princess feather, ..."
2. Grammar and Practice by Susan Isabel Frazee, Chauncey Wetmore Wells (1921)
"Sometimes when the singular noun ends in "s," or in a hissing sound, the apostrophe without an "s" denotes possession: The princess' feather marked her ..."
3. Grammar and Practice by Susan Isabel Frazee, Chauncey Wetmore Wells (1921)
"Sometimes when the singular noun ends in "a," or in a hissing sound, the apostrophe without an "s" denotes possession : The princess' feather marked her ..."
4. General Catalogue of the Standard Reading Club in Conjunction with the by London Standard Reading Club, Standard Reading Club, London, Standard Reading Club (1906)
"... A. Lang Prince Serge Panine Prince to Order Prince Zaleski Prince's Feathers Princess Casamassima Princess Desiree princess feather Princess Kate ..."