Definition of Print media
1. Noun. A medium that disseminates printed matter.
Specialized synonyms: Press, Public Press, Journalism, News Media, Samizdat, Underground Press
Print Media Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Print Media Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Print Media
Literary usage of Print media
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Media and the Rwanda Genocide by Allan Thompson (2007)
"7 Rwandan Private print media on the Eve of the Genocide Jean-Marie Vianney ... TYPES OF PUBLICATIONS The privately owned print media in pre-1994 Rwanda can ..."
2. From the Household to the Factory: Sex Discrimination in the Guatemalan by Judith Sunderland (2002)
"Laws Governing Electronic and print media From the beginning of the crackdown, the courts handed down harsh sentences to Falungong practitioners engaged in ..."
3. Human Rights in Post-Communist Albania by Fred Abrahams (1996)
"... print media Since March 1992, there have been many cases of direct pressure by the state against the opposition and independent press.130 By far, ..."
4. Turkey: Violations of Free Expression in Turkey by Human Rights Watch (Organization), Christopher Panico, Human Rights Watch (1999)
"... The Role of the print media The media in Turkey today is caught between two contradictory roles. On the one hand, it tries, not without some success, ..."
5. A Threat to "Stability": Human Rights Violations in Macedonia by Fred Abrahams (1996)
"... PRESS THE print media Compared to the communist era, the Macedonian press is relatively free. Censorship is forbidden and private publications represent ..."
6. Preventing Tobacco Use Among Young People: A Report of the Surgeon General by M. Jocelyn Elders (1994)
"Cigarettes continue to be one of the most heavily advertised products in print media (Centers for Disease Control [CDC] 1990). In 1988, cigarettes ranked ..."