Definition of Propenoic acid
1. Noun. An unsaturated liquid carboxylic acid used in the manufacture of acrylic resins.
Propenoic Acid Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Propenoic Acid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Propenoic Acid
Literary usage of Propenoic acid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Textbook of Organic Chemistry by Joseph Scudder Chamberlain (1921)
"Acrylic Acid CH, = CH—COOH propenoic acid The first member of the ethylene series of acids, viz., propen-oic acid, or as it is commonly known, acrylic acid, ..."
2. Niosh Manual of Analytical Methods: Sampling and Analytical Methods for ...edited by Peter M. Eller edited by Peter M. Eller (1994)
"... see ACRYLONITRILE, 1604 2-propenoic acid ethyl ester, see ESTERS I, 1450 2-Propen-1-ol, see ALCOHOLS III, 1402 8/15/94 A-44 NIOSH Manual of Analytical ..."
3. Large Scale Coastal Behavior (1993) edited by J. H. List (1995)
"... importers, and processors of 2-propenoic acid, Ct g-26 and ... and processors of 2-propenoic acid, 2-methyl-7-oxabicyclo [4.1.0] hept- 3-ylmethyl ester. ..."
4. Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic Act in America and ...by Mary Choate by Mary Choate (2007)
"... sodium salt 4B propenoic acid, butyl ester, polymer with ethenylbenzene ... and sodium 2-propenoate 4B propenoic acid, polymer with 2-propanol, ..."
5. Code of Federal Regulations 21 Food and Drugs: Parts 170 to 199 Revised as by U.s. Gpo (2005)
"... chloride; 2-propenoic acid, 2- methyl-, ... 2-propenoic acid, 2-ethoxyethyl ester; and 2-propenoic acid, ..."
6. Treatise on General and Industrial Organic Chemistry by Ettore Molinari (1921)
"... of concentrated sulphuric acid, caustic soda, a little nitrous acid, or a trace of bromine in the presence of light. ACRYLIC ACID (propenoic acid) ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Propenoic acid