Definition of Property right
1. Noun. The legal right of ownership.
Property Right Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Property Right Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Property Right
Literary usage of Property right
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1917)
"The words of § 2 declare unmistakably that the right to labor and to make and to modify contracts to work shall no longer be a property right, ..."
2. Bouvier's Law Dictionary and Concise Encyclopedia by John Bouvier, Francis Rawle (1914)
"... and might give a copy thereof, without parting with his property right; an author does not lose his right to a play by a public representation; ..."
3. A Treatise on the Law of Personal Property by James Schouler (1896)
"TRANSFER OF property right IN CHATTELS NOT SPECIFIC. § 256. ... Nor property right (or property), though is the transfer of title to be pro- sales ..."
4. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1910)
"To this must be added the element of irreparable Injury to some personal or property right, or Inadequacy of legal remedy on some other ground. ..."
5. Capital (1888)
"Constitution : A Blow to property right ONE of the important provisions of the ... There has been criticism of this move to abolish the property right as a ..."
6. A Treatise on the Law of Railroads: Containing a Consideration of the by Byron Kosciusko Elliott, William Frederick Elliott (1921)
"Abutting property — Right of Property secondarily liable— Back-lying property. Assessment of right of way —Enforcing assessment. way is not. 959. 952. ..."
7. Principles of Labor Legislation by John Rogers Commons, John Bertram Andrews (1920)
"... effect as a property right of both the laborer and the employer, in addition to a personal right.1 Not merely the contract after it is made is property, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Property right