Definition of Pyrochemistry
1. Noun. Processes for chemical reactions at high temperatures.
Generic synonyms: Chemical Action, Chemical Change, Chemical Process
Derivative terms: Pyrochemical
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pyrochemistry Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pyrochemistry
Literary usage of Pyrochemistry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Workshop on Pyrochemical Separations: Avignon, France, 14 by European Commission, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2001)
"... OF pyrochemistry IN ADVANCED NUCLEAR ENERGY GENERATING SYSTEM L. Koch European Commission, Joint Research Centre Institute for Transuranium Elements, ..."
2. Workshop on Advanced Nuclear Reactor Safety Issues and Research Needs: Paris by International Atomic Energy Agency, Commission of the European Communities, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2002)
"... as well as partitioning technologies by hydrometallurgy and pyrochemistry. Fundamental research and modeling are essential for breakthroughs toward ..."
3. Trends in the Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Economic, Environmental and Social Aspects by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency, Nea (2001)
"Metal-fuel fast breeder reactors. for example. show performance suitable for the consumption of minor actinides. while the associated pyrochemistry is ..."
4. The St. Louis Electrical Handbook: Being a Guide for Visitors from Abroad (1904)
"In the section for pyrochemistry a very interesting collection of chemical apparatus is shown, which are made from platinum and quartz; these are the first ..."
5. Back-End of the Fuel Cycle in a 1000 Gwe Nuclear Scenario: Workshop by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (1999)
""Nitride fuel cycles on pyrochemistry". Proceedings of the International Conference Global 97. 5,l0 October l997. ..."
6. Advanced Nuclear Fuel Cycles And Radioactive Waste Management by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2006)
"However, the large costs conservatively ascribed to the more innovative processes, such as pyrochemistry, have a small impact on the total fuel cycle cost ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Pyrochemistry