Definition of Quare
1. queer [adj] - See also: queer
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Quare Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quare
Literary usage of Quare
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A General Abridgment of Law and Equity: Alphabetically Digested Under Proper ...by Charles Viner by Charles Viner (1794)
"See v. 733. vi. 157. Juris utrum. - ' - - - - '.155 When it lies quare ... quare NON ADMISIT. Bro.Cay, Fitz. Hugh. Nelf. Shcp. Stath. Lies. ..."
2. The Publications of the Selden Society by Selden Society (1890)
"The numbers re.fer to ACTIONS :— quare ... quare levavit stagnant, 103 Qi«ire non vult ... 228 quare vexat eum injuste, 84, 86 Quas sectas debeat, ..."
3. The First Part of the Institutes of the Laws of England, Or, A Commentary ...by Edward Coke, Thomas Littleton, Francis Hargrave, Charles Butler, Matthew Hale, Heneage Finch Nottingham by Edward Coke, Thomas Littleton, Francis Hargrave, Charles Butler, Matthew Hale, Heneage Finch Nottingham (1853)
"QU Where a quare impedit lay at the common law by a common person, and where not, 344. b. Where and by what means a common person might remove an incumbent ..."
4. Mayne's Treatise on Damages by John Dawson Mayne, Lumley Smith (1899)
"quare impedit. occurred in ejectment by landlord against tenant, ... Proceedings in quare impedit are now commenced by writ of summons in the ordinary form ..."
5. The Law-dictionary, Explaining the Rise, Progress, and Present State of the ...by Thomas Edlyne Tomlins, Thomas Colpitts Granger by Thomas Edlyne Tomlins, Thomas Colpitts Granger (1835)
"See quare non admisit. But where the plaintiff recovered an advowson in ejectment, ... In a quare impedit, though it was found that the church was full of ..."
6. Select Charters and Other Illustrations of English Constitutional History by Henry William Carless Davis (1921)
"... et quare sic dictum est. M. Fit interdum, ut imminente vel insurgente in regnum hostium ... et quare sic dictum. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Quare