Definition of Queen-size
1. Adjective. (used especially of beds) not as large as king-size. "A queen-sized bed"
Definition of Queen-size
1. Adjective. Pertaining to a larger-than-average dress, blouse, skirt, pant or stocking size for women ¹
2. Adjective. Pertaining to a bed or mattress measuring 60 inches wide by 80 inches long and approximately 9 to 12 inches thick. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Queen-size Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Queen-size
Literary usage of Queen-size
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Natural History of Insects by James Rennie, John Obadiah Westwood (1829)
"... of Individuals- Eaten as Food by the Indians—Appear in countless myriads at the end of the rainy season—Prodigious fertility of the Queen—Size, form, ..."
2. The Natural History of Insects by James Rennie, John Obadiah Westwood (1833)
"... of Individuals—Eaten as Food by the Indians—Appear in countless Myriads at the end of the Rainy Season—Prodigious Fertility of the Queen—Size, Form, ..."
3. Adventure Guide Virgin Islands by Lynne M. Sullivan (2006)
"Every unit features satellite TV with VCR, two queen-size beds or one king-size bed and a wet bar with a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. ..."
4. Bed and Breakfasts in Ontario by Julia Roles (2002)
"Cousin Amelia's quarters (queen-size pine cannonball bed), Sister Isabella's suite (queen-size brass bed), or the pinnacle of the house, the luxuriously ..."
5. The US Virgin Islands Alive! by Harriet Greenberg, Douglas Greenberg (2006)
"The Full or Partial Ocean View Studios have a queen-size bed and, ... There are twin beds and queen-size futons for sleeping and the dining area has large ..."
6. Romantic Weekends in Northern and Central Florida by Janet Groene, Gordon Groene (2003)
"The master bedchamber, the Hoyt Suite, has a queen-size, hand-carved four-poster bed; a fireplace with dressed candelabra; fireside chairs; a writing desk; ..."
7. Martinque, Guadeloupe, Dominica and St. Lucia Alive! by Lynne M. Sullivan (1999)
"The upper unit has one bedroom and a queen-size sofa bed in the living room. The lower one-bedroom apartment has a queen-size sleeper sofa in an alcove off ..."
8. Adventure Guide to St. Martin & St. Barts by Lynne M. Sullivan (2003)
"One-bedroom bungalows have a single spacious bathroom, ceiling fans, and an air- conditioned sleeping area with a queen-size bed. The two-bedroom units have ..."