Definition of Quires
1. Noun. (plural of quire) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of quire) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Quires
1. quire [v] - See also: quire
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Quires Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quires
Literary usage of Quires
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Acts Passed at the ... Session of the General Assembly for the Commonwealth by Kentucky (1878)
"Full binding, Russia ends find bands, less than six quires, Russia ends three (83) dollars; six quires or over, three dollars and fifty (83 50) cents per ..."
2. Annual Reportby Michigan Board of State Auditors by Michigan Board of State Auditors (1914)
"97 Double cap, Russia ends and bands; first quire *3 75 per each quire additional to first quire in books of more than 5 quires 14 per each quire additional ..."
3. Typographia: an Historical Sketch of the Origin and Progress of the Art of by Thomas Curson Hansard (1825)
"These quires are by the paper-maker made up of torn, wrinkled, stained, and damaged sheets; not that the whole quire always consists of such sheets, ..."
4. Senate Documents, Otherwise Publ. as Public Documents and Executive by United States Congress. Senate (1852)
"Gideon & Co—Cent.. STATEMENT—Continued. For what paid. Two sets of tags for the preceding Two pay books, C quires each, Mr. Duncanson, at $16. ..."
5. A Descriptive Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Fitzwilliam Museum by Montague Rhodes James (1895)
"Say that the book is in quires of eight leaves: the sections of some imperfect ... We often find quires of anomalous construction : to some a leaf has been ..."
6. Essentials of Arithmetic by George Wentworth, David Eugene Smith (1915)
"How many sheets of fine writing paper in 2 quires? in 5 quires? in 3£ quires? in 10 ... If writing paper costs 15$ a quire, how much will 4 quires cost ? ..."
7. Essentials of Arithmetic by George Wentworth, David Eugene Smith (1915)
"How many sheets of fine writing paper in 2 quires ? in 5 quires? in 3^ quires? in 10 ... If writing paper costs 15<£ a quire, how much will 4 quires cost ? ..."