Definition of Racing boat
1. Noun. A boat propelled by oarsmen and designed for racing.
Racing Boat Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Racing Boat Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Racing Boat
Literary usage of Racing boat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chambers's Encyclopaedia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge (1901)
"Four-oared Racing-boat. usually built of cedar or mahogany, and beautifully finished and fitted like a state barge. and stern-post are then marked (see b, ..."
2. The Book of the Thames: From Its Rise to Its Fall by Samuel Carter Hall (1877)
"... fore and aft, on a level with the water; where the rowers sit the gunwales have a slight elevation to prevent the flow of water, which Racing-Boat. ..."
3. The Tribune Book of Open-air Sports by Ottmar Mergenthaler, Henry Hall (1887)
"--Also, a light, low, narrow, open racing boat, with outriggers, ... The beautiful modern racing boat is composed of two parts, the body and the outriggers. ..."
4. Chamber's Encyclopaedia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge (1888)
"Four-oared Racing-boat. usually huilt of cedar or mahogany, and beautifully finished and fitted like a state barge. upper ends by a fore-and-aft batten of ..."
5. Rough Ways Made Smooth: A Series of Familiar Essays on Scientific Subjects by Richard Anthony Proctor (1880)
"We know that the racing boat of our time is not only much lighter, but travels with much less resistance through the water, maintains its velocity far ..."
6. A Manual of Yacht and Boat Sailing by Dixon Kemp, Brooke Heckstall-Smith (1900)
"Drawing of " Venture," Mersey racing boat 359 1 XL V. Drawing of " Deva," Mersey racing boat :. ... Drawing of " Zinnia," Mersey racing boat 360 XLVII. ..."
7. The Book of Health by Malcolm Alexander Morris (1883)
"This fact can be proven when a racing-boat attempts to shoot a bridge with a heavy current running beneath it. A four-oared outrigger will fail to shoot ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Racing boat