Definition of Radical hysterectomy
1. Noun. Surgical removal of the uterus and the ovaries and oviducts and cervix and related lymph nodes.
Medical Definition of Radical hysterectomy
Radical Hysterectomy Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Radical Hysterectomy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Radical Hysterectomy
Literary usage of Radical hysterectomy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Operative Gynecologic Laparoscopy: Principles and Techniques by Camran Nezhat (2000)
"Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy Radical vaginal hysterectomy ... Total laparoscopic radical hysterectomy and laparoscopically assisted radical vaginal ..."
2. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1913)
"Extensive cervical cauterization, followed immediately by radical hysterectomy. Result. 5-1-12 patient alive and well, physician's report. No. 2755. ..."
3. Progressive Medicine by Hobart Amory Hare (1919)
"... we trust that under this conservative elective policy, better curative results from a radical hysterectomy will be secured in the future. ..."
4. The Principles and Practice of Gynecology: For Students and Practitioners by Emilius Clark Dudley (1908)
"... hence, the diagnosis usually is not made until too late for permanent cure by radical hysterectomy. In later stages, when the cancer has extended to the ..."
5. Proceedings by Philadelphia County Medical Society (1903)
"... and the patient had been sent into the hospital for a radical hysterectomy. The patient was a young woman, and the removal of the uterus was, therefore, ..."