Definition of Rank order
1. Noun. An arrangement according to rank.
Rank Order Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rank Order Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rank Order
Literary usage of Rank order
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. School Statistics and Publicity by Carter Alexander (1919)
"COMBINING DATA GIVEN IN rank order ONLY The school administrator often faces a problem which involves a summary for the relative merits of a number of items ..."
2. The Psychological Methods of Testing Intelligence by William Stern (1914)
"Plainly, this is possible only when the rank- orders obtained by the tests deviate from the rank- order obtained by estimation in contrary directions in ..."
3. Battles of the Nineteenth Century by Archibald Forbes, George Alfred Henty, Arthur Griffiths (1896)
"... IN RANK, ORDER AS MUCH AS YOU PLEASED" (/. 95). cr important points bearing on the capital ailing into the hands of the Confeder- K'ii was surrounded. ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"The horizontal direction (dimension 3) has a Spearman rank-order correlation ... 3 (dimension 4) has a rank-order correlation of 0.74 (significant at less ..."
5. Trukese-English Dictionary by Ward Hunt Goodenough, Hiroshi Sugita (1980)
"be low, humble, of low rank, of low height. rank order ... put in rank order, enumerate. ranking line ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Rank order