¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Raspiness
1. [n -ES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Raspiness Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Raspiness
Literary usage of Raspiness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Secretary of Agriculture by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1893)
"The best writers on tea concede that delicacy of flavor and strong raspiness do not go together. The ideal beverage should possess both strength and flavor, ..."
2. A Primer of Organ Registration by Gordon Balch Nevin (1920)
"The tone is somewhat on the common Oboe type but more hollow and with a slight raspiness; it is a most useful stop when well made. ..."
3. The Heart of Japan: Glimpses of Life and Nature Far from the Travellers by Clarence Ludlow Brownell (1903)
"... the point just between the lower and higher register, where all the possible raspiness of her little voice can be brought to complete development. ..."
4. The Heart of Japan: Glimpses of Life and Nature Far from the Travellers by Clarence Ludlow Brownell (1902)
"... in the tea-houses — and practise at the " break," the point just between the lower and higher register, where all the possible raspiness of her little ..."
5. Two years in Peru, with exploration of its antiquities by Thomas Joseph Hutchinson (1873)
"They are, moreover, remarkable for the roughness and raspiness of their skins, which is in no small degree attributable to mosquitos and sand-flies, ..."
6. A History: Greeley and the Union Colony of Colorado by David Boyd (1890)
"... they are certain to bring an influence to bear on the men, and keep them up to a proper state of raspiness. " The children are remarkably obedient, ..."
7. Buenos Ayres and Argentine Gleanings: With Extracts from a Diary of Salado by Thomas Joseph Hutchinson (1865)
"... sensible of small particles of dust being wafted on the hot air, and driven into my eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. A general feeling of raspiness over the ..."