2. Noun. (Australia) A stupid person, a meathead ¹
3. Noun. (NZ) A mischievous person, especially a child. May be used endearingly. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ratbag
1. an eccentric or disagreeable person [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ratbag Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ratbag
Literary usage of Ratbag
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chief Contemporary Dramatists, Second Series: Eighteen Plays from the Recent by Thomas Herbert Dickinson (1921)
"My scissors? ... in my -«ratbag! . . . could keep him from coming! A NUN [appearing at the head of ..."
2. A New Analysis of Chronology and Geography, History and Prophecy: In which by D.D. William Hales (1830)
"R. Levi ben Gerson, usually called ratbag. His Commentaries are rather metaphysical. 5. R. Abraham ben Meir Aben Ezra. The most learned, perhaps, ..."