Definition of Reduced instruction set computer
1. Noun. (computer science) a kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
Generic synonyms: Architecture, Computer Architecture
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Antonyms: Complex Instruction Set Computer, Complex Instruction Set Computing, Cisc
Reduced Instruction Set Computer Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Reduced Instruction Set Computer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reduced Instruction Set Computer
Literary usage of Reduced instruction set computer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Statistical Abstract of the United States, 1997: The National Data Book by United States Government Printing Office, United States Department Of Commerce (1879)
"RISC=reduced instruction set computer CISC=Complex Instruction Set Computer. Source of tables 1251 and 1252: Dataquest. Inc.. San Jose. CA. ..."
2. Challenges in Predicting New Firm Performance by Arnold C. Cooper (1993)
"Although reduced instruction set computer (RISC) was attracting attention, it was an unproven commercial technology. Microprocessor vendors preferred to ..."
3. SAS 9.1.3 Language Reference: Concepts by SAS Institute (2005)
"Many high performance RISC (reduced instruction set computer) processors pay a very large performance penalty for movement of unaligned data. ..."
4. Making the Nation Safer: The Role of Science and Technology in Countering by National Research Council (2002)
"Professor Hennessy initiated the MIPS project at Stanford in 1981 (MIPS is a high-performance reduced instruction set computer (RISC)), built in VLSI. ..."
5. Terrorism: U.S.-Russian Workshop Proceedings by Rossiĭskai︠a︡ akademii︠a︡ nauk, National Research Council (2004)
"... (reduced instruction set computer) processors. New security solutions for virtual private networks (VPNs) have been widely developed in the past few ..."
6. Silicon Destiny: The Story of Application Specific Integrated Circuits and by Rob Walker, Nancy Tersini (1992)
"RISC reduced instruction set computer. A high-performance computer architecture. Road Show A series of meetings with potential investors that takes place ..."