Definition of Refeeding
1. Verb. (present participle of refeed) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Refeeding
1. refeed [v] - See also: refeed
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Refeeding Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Refeeding
Literary usage of Refeeding
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biological Bulletin by Marine Biological Laboratory (Woods Hole, Mass.) (1916)
"The increment of body weight upon refeeding the test rats after each severe fast amounted to only about 16 per cent, of the ingested food (exclusive ..."
2. Contributions by University of Minnesota Dept. of Anatomy (1917)
"Effects of inanition and refeeding upon the growth and structure of the hypophysis in the albino rat, CM JACKSON, Institute of Anatomy, University of ..."
3. Contributions by University of Minnesota Dept. of Anatomy (1922)
"The thyroid gland, which was found somewhat variable in its weight at the end of the inanition periods and on refeeding to a body weight of 25 to 75 grams, ..."
4. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1919)
"The thyroid gland appeared subnormal on refeeding to 25 and 50 gin. after ... The length of the intestines were somewhat above normal on refeeding to 25 gm. ..."
5. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"... and dietary effect are led in Table I. The specific activity in control animals increased mark- n refeeding with glucose and casein, rith glucose alone. ..."
6. Mineral Requirements for Military Personnel: Levels Needed for Cognitive And by Food and Nutrition Board, Committee on Military Nutrition Research, National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) (2006)
"refeeding as an Experimental Model Adequacy of mineral and electrolyte requirements was engendered not only by events highlighted with nutritionally ..."
7. Fasting: The Ultimate Diet by Allan Cott (1997)
"You should adhere to the refeeding schedule for the same number of days ... It is suggested they prepare their refeeding meals on arising in the morning. ..."
8. Chemical and Metallurgical Laboratory Supplies and Assayers' Materials by Eimer and Amend, New York (1920)
"refeeding the quarter obtained gives Atb of the original sample, and so on, by refeeding. All parts easily accessible for cleaning; for hand power 65.00 ..."