Definition of Reflex angle
1. Noun. An angle greater than 180 degrees (but less than 360).
Reflex Angle Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Reflex Angle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reflex Angle
Literary usage of Reflex angle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Elements of Geometry by George Bruce Halsted (1886)
"A reflex angle is one which is greater than a straight angle, but less than a perigon. 74. Acute, obtuse, and reflex angles, in distinction from right ..."
2. Plane and Solid Geometry by George Wentworth, David Eugene Smith (1913)
"reflex angle. An angle greater than a straight angle and less than two straight angles is called a reflex angle. For example, the angle BOA, marked with a ..."
3. Junior High School Mathematics by George Wentworth, David Eugene Smith, Joseph Clifton Brown (1918)
"reflex angle. An angle that is greater than a straight angle is called a reflex angle. ... Evidently a reflex angle is an angle of more than 180°. ..."
4. Elements of Geometry: Plane and Solid by John Macnie, Emerson Elbridge White (1895)
"A reflex angle can be bisected by the process given in Art. 81. 97. Yes, with the annexed diagram, P being the point. 98. Not unless they are in the same ..."
5. Plane Geometry by Clara Avis Hart, Daniel D. Feldman (1911)
"A reflex angle is an angle that is greater than two right angles and ... 15, always form two positive angles, as the acute angle 1 and the reflex angle 2. ..."
6. Plane and Solid Geometry by George Clinton Shutts (1913)
"iM angle andless than a perigon ^^ is a reflex angle. reflex angles are seldom considered in elementary geometry. With a protractor or tracing paper add ..."
7. Schultze and Sevenoak's Plane and Solid Geometry by Arthur Schultze, Frank Louis Sevenoak (1918)
"A reflex angle is an angle greater than a straight angle, but less than two ... An angle denoted by the usual methods does not signify a reflex angle, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Reflex angle