Definition of Relievos
1. relievo [n] - See also: relievo
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Relievos Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Relievos
Literary usage of Relievos
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1802)
"... &c. ie The Maske of the Furies, in the Tragedies and on the Gems and relievos of the antient Greeks. An Archaeological Essay. ..."
2. A Biographical Dictionary of Eminent Scotsmen by Robert Chambers, Thomas Thomson (1853)
"Many of the first collections in Germany and Russia are enriched by statues, busts, and bas relievos of his discovery. In the collection of the Museo ..."
3. A Run Through the United States, During the Autumn of 1840 by Archibald Montgomery Maxwell (1841)
"The Capitol — Its Architecture and Gardens — 111 Treatment of White Marble in America — The Rotunda—Basso-relievos—Captain Smith and the Princess Pocahontas ..."
4. Extracts of the Journals and Correspondence of Miss Berry: From the Year by Mary Berry (1865)
"In the morning, the Villa Borghese; the outside covered with ancient basso-relievos and statues in niches, the inside so rich in statues, mosaics, marbles, ..."
5. Sketches on a Tour Through the Northern and Eastern States, the Canadas by J. C. Myers (1849)
"... of Columbus—relievos—Hall of Representatives-Senate Chamber-Central dome —President's House—War and Navy departments—State and Treasury departments—Post ..."
6. Sand-buried Ruins of Khotan: Personal Narrative of a Journey of by Aurel Stein (1904)
"... had once been decorated, I could not remain in doubt when fragments of flat stucco relievos, which must have originally belonged to plaques of regular ..."
7. A New General Biographical Dictionary by Hugh James Rose (1853)
"It weighs 1600 marks ; and the numerous little statues and bas relievos excite admiration, executed as they are with an immensity of minute labour. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Relievos