Definition of Religious song
1. Noun. Religious music for singing.
Specialized synonyms: Chant, Negro Spiritual, Spiritual, Carol, Christmas Carol, Anthem, Hymn
Religious Song Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Religious Song Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Religious Song
Literary usage of Religious song
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. University Musical Encyclopedia by Louis Charles Elson (1910)
"CHAPTER II ANCIENT JEWISH HYMNS Absence of Formal religious song—Improvised Songs—The Widening Stream—Samuel's System—The Book of Psalms —The Temple ..."
2. The Economic Review by Christian Social Union (Great Britain), Oxford University Branch (1900)
"So any one may sing a religious song, but no singer will choose only ... One religious song will be sung by the same performer who gives perhaps two comic ..."
3. Franklin Square Song Collection: Songs and Hymns for Schools and Homes by John Piersol McCaskey (1881)
"It is not, however, uninteresting to follow out or trace the history of religious song, ... at the passage of the Red Sea, the first religious song was ..."
4. The New Student's Reference Work for Teachers, Students and Families by Chandler Belden Beach, Frank Morton McMurry (1917)
"If a religious song expressive of love for the Savior can be sung in a ... On the other hand, if a religious song heard even in the roar of a busy street ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Religious song