Definition of Republic of bosnia and herzegovina
1. Noun. A mountainous republic of south-central Europe; formerly part of the Ottoman Empire and then a part of Yugoslavia; voted for independence in 1992 but the mostly Serbian army of Yugoslavia refused to accept the vote and began ethnic cleansing in order to rid Bosnia of its Croats and Muslims.
Generic synonyms: European Country, European Nation
Terms within: Bosnia, Sarajevo
Derivative terms: Bosnian
Republic Of Bosnia And Herzegovina Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Republic Of Bosnia And Herzegovina Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Republic Of Bosnia And Herzegovina
Literary usage of Republic of bosnia and herzegovina
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Europe by Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (2003)
"Meanwhile, the most important education and related pre-constitutional laws are: • the Law on Institutions (Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina Official ..."
2. Civil and Political Rights in Croatia by Ivana Nizich, Željka Markić, Jeri Laber (1995)
"... of the Croatian population from the occupied regions of the Republic of Croatia, in the Republic of Serbia and Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina. 7. ..."
3. Patronage Or Partnership: Local Capacity Building in Humanitarian Crises by Ian Smillie (2001)
"The accords led to the creation of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina (hereafter called "Bosnia"), a federal arrangement with two "entities"— the Bosnia ..."
4. The Drama in Former Yugoslavia: The Beginning of the End or the End of the by Anton Zabkar (1998)
"Jane's Sentinel: The Balkans, London, 1994, Bosnia and Herzegovina, pages-11, 12-15; 7. Republic of Croatia and Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina, ..."
5. Bosnia: Country Handbookedited by Diane Publishing Staff, Diane Publishing edited by Diane Publishing Staff, Diane Publishing (1998)
"... the Serbs proclaimed their own "Republika Srpska" (Serb Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina), enlisted the vast majority of the ex-JNA in Bosnia into the ..."
6. Enforcing Restraint: Collective Intervention in Internal Conflicts by Lori Fisler Damrosch (1993)
"Indeed, the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina has argued to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) and to UN audiences that the UN Charter and the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Republic of bosnia and herzegovina