¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Retrogradely
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Retrogradely Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Retrogradely
Literary usage of Retrogradely
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Therefore we chose to investigate the influence of this peptide on adrenomedullary secretion using the retrogradely perfused bovine adrenal gland. ..."
2. Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy by Royal Irish Academy (1874)
"... retrogradely the degrees over which it had passed during its progress forward. When the length of gut-line exposed to damp air, from the clamp-serew ..."
3. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1880)
"This tendency, considering to as a centre, would 3 •f rix the boundary of the belt of retrogradely rotating planets at — "> = * p, = fl.869. ..."
4. The Gentleman's Magazine (1848)
"... they are composed with sharp points like the back of a perch, or run, and with an irou hook in his hand to draw a wicked man retrogradely towards him, ..."
5. Molecular Neurobiology: Proceedings of the 2nd NIMH Conference by Steven Zalcman (1995)
"Electron microscopic identification of anterogradely and retrogradely transported organelles. Journal of Cell Biology 84:513-530, 1980. ..."
6. Travelling Sketches in Russia and Sweden: During the Years 1805, 1806, 1807 by Sir Robert Ker Porter (1809)
"Indeed, my poor friend B and I have no contemptible chance, by the vagaries of our third, of being marched retrogradely, to make a happy triumvirate with ..."