¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Rewinder
1. one that rewinds [n -S] - See also: rewinds
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rewinder Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rewinder
rewinder (current term)
Literary usage of Rewinder
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Motion Picture Projection: An Elementary Text-book by James Ross Cameron (1921)
"M-6—rewinder Reel Shaft and Locks. C-128-M—Internal Gear Shaft Collar. ... S-315-M—rewinder Fastening Screw Shoe. Ml—Internal Gear & Shaft (Includes C-128-M ..."
2. Treatise on Clock and Watch Making: Theoretical and Practical by Thomas Reid (1832)
"... ticklishness or fallibility of a rewinder, or perhaps they thought it of little or no use, so far as regarded the making of a strong and sound clock. ..."
3. Motion Picture Making and Exhibiting: A Comprehensive Volume Treating the by John B. Rathbun (1914)
"In some cities the use of a separate rewinder is made necessary by an ordinance which sometimes requires this operation to be carried out in a separate room ..."
4. Modern Pulp and Paper Making: A Practical Treatise by George Strong Witham (1920)
"This works a hardship on the operators who are taking away the paper from the rewinder, and often results in the spoiling of a roll due to the inability of ..."