Definition of Rhizoplane
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rhizoplane Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rhizoplane
Literary usage of Rhizoplane
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biotechnology: Risk Assessment, Bibliography January 86-April 94 edited by Daniel Cabirac, Raymond Dobert (1998)
"Populations of the Pseudomonas sp. on the rhizoplane of wheat were the same at the three- leaf stage in all four systems, and colonization with depth at the ..."
2. The Quest for Nitrogen Fixation in Rice by Jagdish Kumar Ladha, P. M. Reddy (2000)
"While enriching for bacteria from the "inner rhizoplane." this isolation method undoubtedly did not exclude bacteria that adhere tightly to the surface of ..."
3. Phosphorus Requirements for Sustainable Agriculture in Asia and Oceania by International Rice Research Institute (1990)
"Leung and Bottomley ( 1987) suggested that rhizobia on the rhizoplane (root surface) could utilize inorganic P leaking from the root, or sequester organic P ..."
4. Pathogens of Soybean Seeds: Bibliographyby Andrew Kalinski by Andrew Kalinski (1994)
"... and soybean seeds with a siderophore-producing fluorescent pseudomonad RBT 13, isolated from tomato rhizoplane, resulted in increased seed germination, ..."
5. Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations: 1994 National Proceedings by Thomas D. Landis (1996)
"Effects of Vapam on growth and rhizoplane microflora of western white pine and Douglas-fir seedlings in mounded forest soils. Master of Science Thesis. ..."
6. Wild Land Shrub and Arid Land Restoration Symposium: Proceedings edited by Bruce A. Roundy, E. Durant McArthur, Jennifer S. Hayley, David K. Mann (1996)
"Ten-power magnification was used to classify short roots as mycorrhizal or uninfected. The mycobiont was isolated from the rhizoplane ..."
7. Carbon and Nitrogen Dynamics in Flooded Soils by G. J. D. Kirk, D. C. Olk (2000)
"Microbial modulation of nutrient turnover and supply through the rhizoplane and rhizosphere ha5 yet to be quantified and addressed in models of nutrient ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Rhizoplane