Definition of Rima vulvae
1. Noun. The fissure between the labia majora.
Group relationships: Vulva
Generic synonyms: Rima
Medical Definition of Rima vulvae
1. The cleft between the labia majora. Synonym: rima pudendi, fissura pudendi, pudendal cleavage, pudendal slit, rima vulvae, urogenital cleft, vulvar slit. (05 Mar 2000)
Rima Vulvae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rima Vulvae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rima Vulvae
Literary usage of Rima vulvae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Medical Lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science : Containing a Concise by Robley Dunglison (1848)
"The rima vulvae. Also the name of a bandage for the head, mentioned by Galen, and called likewise, ..."
2. Edinburgh Medical Journal (1889)
"... they are left undisturbed; if a little blood has escaped, the nurse turns over one of the corners so as to bring a clean portion under the rima vulvae. ..."
3. Lang's German-English Dictionary of Terms Used in Medicine and the Allied by Hugo Lang, Milton Kayton Meyers (1913)
"... inflammation of rima vulvae Scham-teile, m.pi. pudenda, genitals Scham-winkel, m. sub-pubic angle of vulva ..."
4. Clinical Lectures on the Diseases of Women by James Young Simpson (1872)
"Much more frequently the fluid is seen coming through the rima vulvae; and on examining the vaginal 48 ..."
5. A Textbook of Gynecology by Charles Alfred Lee Reed (1901)
"The labia majora are red, swollen, and infiltrated, and, in consequence, the rima vulvae is opened by the distention uf the labia. ..."