Definition of Roast veal
1. Noun. Cut of veal suitable for roasting.
Generic synonyms: Joint, Roast
Specialized synonyms: Breast Of Veal, Fricandeau
Roast Veal Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Roast Veal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Roast Veal
Literary usage of Roast veal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A New System of Domestic Cookery: Formed Upon Principles of Economy and by Maria Eliza Ketelby Rundell (1824)
"Sorrel Sauce, for Fricandeau, or roast Veal. .Wash three handsful of sorrel; put it into a silver saucepan, or a very new block-tin one, with an ounce of ..."
2. The Boston Cooking-school Cook Book by Fannie Merritt Farmer (1896)
"Reheat two cups cold roast veal, cut in small strips, in one and one-half cups White Sauce I. Serve in a potato border and sprinkle over all finely chopped ..."
3. The Improved Housewife: Or Book of Receipts, with Engravings for Marketing by A. L. Webster (1855)
"roast veal. For roasting, veal should be peppered, salted, rubbed over with a little butter, and frequently basted. A little water should be put ..."
4. The Autobiography and Correspondence of Mary Granville, Mrs. Delany: With by Delany (Mary) (1861)
"... Clements chambers in the college ; where there was the largest turbot she had ever beheld at the top, roast veal at the bottom, pea-soup in the middle; ..."
5. The Autobiography and Correspondence of Mary Granville, Mrs. Delany: With by Delany (Mary) (1861)
"... Clements' chambers in the college ; where there was the largest turbot she had ever beheld at the top, roast veal at the bottom, pea-soup in the middle; ..."
6. The War Diary of a Diplomat by Lee Meriwether (1919)
"... veal for a stew, 5.90; roast beef, 14; roast veal, 14; roast pork, 10; mutton for stew, 5.80; leg of lamb, 15; best butter, 9; rice, 3; tapioca, 4.80; ..."
7. Mrs. Putnam's Receipt Book: And Young Housekeeper's Assistant by E. Putnam (1876)
"roast veal AND CHICKEN BONES Make a very nice soup, boiled with vegetables as the above ; but add a handful of maccaroni, break it up fine, ..."