Definition of Rocket engineer
1. Noun. An engineer who builds and tests rockets.
Generic synonyms: Applied Scientist, Engineer, Technologist
Specialized synonyms: Braun, Von Braun, Wernher Magnus Maximilian Von Braun, Wernher Von Braun
Rocket Engineer Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rocket Engineer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rocket Engineer
Literary usage of Rocket engineer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Journal of Natural Philosophy, Chemistry and the Arts by William Nicholson (1810)
"It is a matter of no consideration to the rocket engineer, Measure of, to know fie proportion of the ..."
2. The Problem of Space Travel: The Rocket Motor by Hermann Noordung, Ernest Stuhlinger, J. D. Hunley, Jennifer Garland (1995)
"At the time the future rocket engineer and manager was still attending secondary school at the Hermann Lietz International School on the island of ..."
3. Rosie's Daughters: The "First Woman To" Generation Tell Its Stories by Matilda Butler, Kendra Bonnett (2007)
"As the rocket engineer Wernher Von Braun said, "Man [sic] is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft, and the only one that can be mass produced ..."
4. Annual Statements of the Railroad and Canal Companies by New Jersey Comptroller of the Treasury, New Jersey State Director of the United New Jersey Railroad and Canal Company, New Jersey Dept. of State, New Jersey Legislature (1889)
"... at Paterson, was struck by train 19, CB Wood, conductor, engine 149, AD Rocket, engineer. He received injuries from which he died shortly afterwards. ..."