Definition of Rocky mountain national park
1. Noun. A national park in Colorado having mountains and lakes and streams and forests.
Rocky Mountain National Park Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rocky Mountain National Park Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rocky Mountain National Park
Literary usage of Rocky mountain national park
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Your National Parks by Enos Abijah Mills, Laurence Frederick Schmeckebier (1917)
"VIII rocky mountain national park MAGNIFICENT mountains in the sky, peak after peak along the horizon, — an inspiring skyline, — such is the setting of the ..."
2. A Guide to the National Parks of America by Edward Frank Allen (1918)
"rocky mountain national park rocky mountain national park, created by the act of January 26, 1915, and enlarged February 14, 1917, is located in Colorado, ..."
3. The Rocky Mountain Wonderland by Enos Abijah Mills (1915)
"A Deer in Deep Snow, rocky mountain national park 260 Entertaining a ... Map of the rocky mountain national park . . . 336 Estes Park Entrance to the Rocky ..."
4. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1920)
"rocky mountain national park (birds pp. 3O-36); Ibid. Sequoia and General Grant National Parks (birds pp. 26-31); Ibid. Yellowstone National Park (birds pp. ..."
5. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"Consult Stone and Crane, 'American Animals' (new ed., 1914), and authorities .on travel and sport in the Northwest. rocky mountain national park, created by ..."