Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rotiferan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rotiferan
rotiferan (current term)
Literary usage of Rotiferan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Causes and Course of Organic Evolution: A Study of Bioenergics by John Muirhead Macfarlane (1918)
"If now inquiry be made as to whether any molluscan group permanently exhibits only slight advance on rotiferan structure, such is unquestionably furnished ..."
2. The Cambridge Natural History by Sidney Frederick Harmer, Arthur Everett Shipley (1896)
"... impossible to agree in the identification of the various parts, a difficulty especially felt in the case of the rotiferan genus ..."
3. A Manual of the Infusoria: Including a Description of All Known Flagellate by William Saville-Kent (1880)
"27 to 30, in which the complex buccal armature and jointed caudal style are so strongly suggestive of its rotiferan affinities that the animal was ..."
4. Forms of Animal Life: A Manual of Comparative Anatomy : with Descriptions of by George Rolleston, William Hatchett Jackson (1888)
"... Flagellata are not exempt from the attacks of parasites, eg the colonies of Volvox afford shelter and food to two species of the rotiferan ..."
5. The Norfolk Broads by William Alfred Dutt (1903)
"While it is to be regretted that so few microscopists and naturalists have developed a penchant for the study of rotiferan life, the subject is of such ..."