Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ruana Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ruana
Literary usage of Ruana
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dictionary and Grammar of the Language of Saʻa and Ulawa, Solomon Islands by Walter George Ivens (1918)
"Ordinals precede the noun: ruana nga ... Ordinals are used to express the number of times: ruana kira 'asi ... mwana ruana; one hundred and twenty-first ..."
2. The India Directory, Or, Directions for Sailing to and from the East Indies by James Horsburgh (1852)
"Off the inner end of this reef there is a small quoin-shaped rock, called ruana Rock ; on the beach between this and Gan Island is the Custom House and Rest ..."
3. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1902)
"The allegations of the complaint are: "(1) Mrs. ruana K. Baldwin, ... 53 LRA said ruana E. Baldwin. (3) The defendant is able to provide support for her ..."
4. Civil Procedure Reports: Containing Cases Under the Code of Civil Procedure by New York (State), Henry Huffman Browne, Courts, Rufus Leonard Scott, James Manford Kerr, Percival Soloman Menken (1891)
"Thereafter ruana Clark, the present plaintiff, ... S. Wilcox as administratrix of ruana Wilcox, deceased, and was substituted as plaintiff in this action. ..."
5. New Granada: Twenty Months in the Andes by Isaac Farwell Holton (1857)
"He bears no weapon, but often has his ruana in his hand, which he manages to throw over the bull's eyes, and then there is the fun of seeing him get it off ..."
6. The History of Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut, from the Settlement by Elizabeth Hubbell Godfrey Schenck (1904)
"And further saith not. her ruana J ROBERSON. mark ... Personally appeared ruana Roberson & made oath to the truth of the above. Before me Andrew Rowland Jus ..."