Definition of Safetied
1. safety [v] - See also: safety
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Safetied Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Safetied
Literary usage of Safetied
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Textbook of Applied Aeronautic Engineering by Henry Woodhouse (1920)
"All turnbuckles are safetied and the landing gear inspected carefully. ... All transverse tie wires are tightened equally and the turnbuckles safetied. ..."
2. Manual of Military Aviation by Hollis Leroy Müller (1917)
"Turnbuckles must be similarly safetied. It is bad practice to employ the same length of wire for ... Each turnbuckle must be safetied individually. ..."
3. Manual of Military Aviation by Hollis Leroy Müller (1917)
"Each turnbuckle must be safetied individually. Turnbuckles should be inspected for hammer marks, scoring or other indication of straightening or abuse. ..."
4. Granville: Tales and Tail Spins from a Flyer's Diary by Granville Guttersen (1919)
"... and he took a look at a coupling (never before examined) and found both cotter pins out and also, of course, the wire that safetied the cotter pins. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Safetied