Definition of Safety device
1. Noun. A device designed to prevent injury or accidents.
Generic synonyms: Device
Specialized synonyms: Fender, Safety Catch, Safety Lock
Safety Device Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Safety Device Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Safety Device
Literary usage of Safety device
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Journal of Roentgenology by American Radium Society (1919)
"A safety device FOR X-RAY TUBES* BY GEORGE C. JOHNSTON, COLONEL MCUSA PITTSBURGH ... the safety device, additional liberties are presumed to be safe. ..."
2. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1908)
"Suggestions for inventors of safety device«- Electric shocks. Gassier. Î3: 476-82. F. '08. ... safety device ..."
3. The Modern Factory: Safety, Sanitation and Welfare by George Moses Price (1914)
"Two-Hand safety device. die or the material inserted, or attempts to clean the die; or, finally, because of slipping and falling under the press. ..."
4. Industrial Arts Index by H.W. Wilson Company (1914)
"FA Barker, plans Am Ind 13:sup 1-4 Ja 43 Morgan safety device for wire drawing blocks ... 11 Ind Eng 13: 79 F 43 New safety device for spinning sheet metal. ..."
5. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1919)
"The defendants owed no duty to furnish any better or safer or other safety device than that required by law, that is, by the elevator regulations ..."
6. A Dictionary of Electrical Words, Terms and Phrases by Edwin James Houston (1898)
"... are also used for this safety device. (See Fuse, Safety.) Device, Translating A term embracing electro-receptive and magneto-receptive devices. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Safety device