2. Noun. A breed of short-horned dairy cattle. ¹
3. Noun. An animal of this breed. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sahiwal
1. any of a breed of humped dairy cattle [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sahiwal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sahiwal
sahiwal (current term)
Literary usage of Sahiwal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Prison Bound: The Denial of Juvenile Justice in Pakistan by Vikram Parekh (1999)
"The parents in turn informed Syed Alamdar Hussain Shah, a sahiwal legal aid lawyer. ... Shah said that the sahiwal deputy commissioner had rejected his ..."
2. Sources of Income Inequality and Poverty in Rural Pakistan by Richard H. Adams, Jane J. He (1995)
"The average purchase price of a sahiwal cow is about 70 percent higher than that ... However, because of the limited number of sahiwal cows in this study, ..."
3. The Imperial Gazetteer of India by William Wilson Hunter (1887)
"Set sahiwal. Shahjahanpur.—-A British District in the Lieutenant-Governorship of the North-Western Provinces, lying between 27° 35' and 28" 28' 15" N. lat, ..."
4. International Religious Freedom (2000): Report to Congress by the Department edited by Barbara Larkin (2001)
"In May 1998, police arrested a Christian in sahiwal, Punjab for stoning a billboard that bore Islamic scripture; he remained in prison at the end of June ..."