Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sarpanch Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sarpanch
Literary usage of Sarpanch
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report on the Revision of the Land Revenue Settlement of the Gujranwala District by R. P. Nisbet (1874)
"The appointment of sarpanch is not necessarily hereditary, but once appointed he cannot be removed except for gross neglect or incompetency. ..."
2. Participatory Development: Learning from South Asia by Ponna Wignaraja (1991)
"... families from Jodhpur on this land with the help of the previous sarpanch of the village, and one Nath Baba who looked after the village temple. ..."
3. Report on the land revenue settlement of the Muzaffargarh district of the Punjab by Edward O'Brien (1882)
"(vii) Every sarpanch's appointment under this rule shall be for five ... A sarpanch, whose tenure of office has expired, may be re-elected or reap- pointed. ..."
4. New Millennium, New Perspectives: The United Nations, Security, and Governance by Ramesh Chandra Thakur, Edward Newman (2000)
"These collective efforts among villagers, the sarpanch, and the NGO compelled PHE officials to inspect the project and, subsequently, to initiate a dialogue ..."
5. Women in Emergencies by Donato Kiniger-Passigli (2000)
"She came again and called a meeting of the women. I asked her where to get the land from. She said, ask the sarpanch. The next day I went to the ..."