Definition of Sautees
1. saute [v] - See also: saute
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sautees Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sautees
Literary usage of Sautees
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Leaves from Our Tuscan Kitchen: Or, How to Cook Vegetables by Janet Ross (1900)
"Carrots 'sautees.' Scrape and wash six large carrots and cut them in rounds half an inch thick. Cook them in white broth (or salted water) for half an hour ..."
2. Leaves from Our Tuscan Kitchen: Or, How to Cook Vegetables by Janet Ross (1903)
"(parrots 'sautees.' Scrape and wash six large carrots and cut them in rounds half an inch thick. Cook them in white broth (or salted water) for half an hour ..."
3. How to Cook Apples: Shown in a Hundred Different Ways of Dressing that Fruit by Georgiana Hill (1865)
"Pommes sautees. Peel some very small and prettily-shaped apples, but do not take off their stalks ; put them into a stew-pan of tailing butter, ..."
4. The Treasury of French Cookery: A Collection of the Best French Recipes by Harriett Toogood (1866)
"96), or on a vegetable pulp. M'J^ ./CUTLETS.—COTELETTES DE MOUTON sautees 1 LA POELE.—ENTREE. ... sautees ..."
5. The Royal Cookery Book: (le Livre de Cuisine) by Jules Gouffé, Alphonse Gouffé (1869)
"MUTTON CUTLETS sautees A LA FINANCIERE Prepare and cook the cutlets as above; ... MUTTON CUTLETS sautees WITH A MACEDOINE OF VEGETABLES Cut and cook the ..."
6. The Table: How to Buy Food, how to Cook It, and how to Serve it by Alexander Filippini (1889)
"Beet-roots sautees an Beurre.—With the same quantity of beetroots proceed as in No. ... Beet-roots sautees ii la Creme.—Proceed the same as in No. ..."