2. Verb. (present participle of scald) ¹
3. Noun. An instance of scalding; a burn. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Scalding
1. scald [v] - See also: scald
Medical Definition of Scalding
1. A burning pain in urinating. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Scalding Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Scalding
Literary usage of Scalding
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Rural Economy of Glocestershire: Including Its Dairy: Together with the by Marshall (William) (1796)
"The liquid made use of, here, for scalding curd, varies in different dairies. Some dairy women scald with whey; violently objecting to water; while others ..."
2. Rural Affairs by John Jacob Thomas (1873)
"This is called "scalding." The word is a bad one, calculated to mislead. ... This " scalding " process has many advantages: among others, ..."
3. On the pathology and treatment of gonorrhoea and spermatorrhoea by John Laws Milton (1887)
"The scalding which was going away, diminished under the use of this remedy. ... Ten days after this th scalding was gone, the urine still acid. ..."
4. Farm Blacksmithing: A Textbook and Problem Book for Students in Agricultural by John Frank Friese (1921)
"scalding HOOK. scalding HOOK This hook is used when scalding a pig. ... How to Make the scalding Hook 1 First read and study the Lap Weld and Plate 18. 2. ..."
5. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1881)
"... the healing process, are questions upon which these experiments throw no light. ARTICLE VII. EXTENSIVE scalding FROM PROLONGED EXPOSURE то STEAM AT HIGH ..."