Definition of Scars
1. Noun. (plural of scar) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of scar) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Scars
1. scar [v] - See also: scar
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Scars Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Scars
scars (current term)
Literary usage of Scars
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Trees: A Handbook of Forest-botany for the Woodlands and the Laboratory by Harry Marshall Ward, Percy Groom (1904)
"LEAF-scars AND LENTICELS. Marks on winter twigs—Buds and leaf-scars—Sizes of terminal buds—Aborted buds and pseudo-terminal ..."
2. The Cambridge Natural History by Arthur Everett Shipley, Sidney Frederic Harmer (1895)
"The median impression which covers the " platform" (/) consists of a central, lateral, and usually an anterior pair of scars; and the impressions of the ..."
3. Field Geology by Frederic Henry Lahee (1917)
"Pebbles with scars or Indentations.—A. Pebbles with concave fracture scars ... The scars are thought to have been made by splintering or wedging of small ..."
4. Trees in Winter: Their Study, Planting, Care and Identification by Albert Francis Blakeslee, Chester Deacon Jarvis (1913)
"Bundle-scars 3 or if more than 3 then in a single curved line ... Bundle-scars more than 3, variously grouped or scattered, but not in a single line 66 6s. ..."
5. Trees in Winter: Their Study, Planting, Care and Identification by Albert Francis Blakeslee, Chester Deacon Jarvis (1913)
"Bundle-scars more than 3, variously grouped or scattered, but not in a single line 66 66. ... Stipule-scars present; terminal bud present or absent 67 67. ..."
6. Medical Record by George Frederick Shrady, Thomas Lathrop Stedman, Joseph Meredith Toner Collection (Library of Congress) (1902)
"There were 360 per thousand who had been marked with smallpox, but had no vaccination scars, while of those having one vaccination scar there were 6.8; ..."
7. Physical Diagnosis by Richard Clarke Cabot (1919)
"scars and Eruptions. The scars of old tuberculous glands in the neck, the scars of varicose ulcers along the shin bones, the various scars and eruptions of ..."
8. Physical Diagnosis by Richard Clarke Cabot (1912)
"(5) scars and Eruptions. The scars of old tuberculous glands in the neck, the scars of varicose ulcers along the shin bones, the various scars and eruptions ..."