Definition of School teacher
1. Noun. A teacher in a school below the college level.
Group relationships: School
Specialized synonyms: Games-master, Games-mistress, Mistress, Schoolma'am, Schoolmarm, Schoolmistress
Generic synonyms: Instructor, Teacher
Specialized synonyms: John Scopes, John Thomas Scopes, Scopes
School Teacher Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: School Teacher Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of School Teacher
Literary usage of School teacher
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Phi Delta Kappan by Phi Delta Kappa (1912)
"Man, married; college teacher of education and supervisor of student teaching, five years; public school administrator, three years; high school teacher and ..."
2. The Parliamentary Debates by Great Britain Parliament (1908)
"SLOAN : I beg to ask the Chief Secretary to the Lord-Lieutenant of Ireland if, where a national school teacher has complied with the Education Board's rules ..."
3. The Teacher and the School by Chauncey Peter Colegrove (1922)
"The State demands that before young men and women begin the work of the public-school teacher they shall attend the normal institute, pass the examinations ..."
4. The Teacher and the School by Chauncey Peter Colegrove (1910)
"CHAPTER X PLANNING THE CAMPAIGN Preliminary Work of the Teacher.—Every public-school teacher is an employee of the State. ..."
5. An Introduction to High School Teaching by Stephen Sheldon Colvin (1917)
"CHAPTER HI THE HIGH school teacher The American High school teacher Does not ... Although there is no typical high school teacher, it is safe to say that ..."