2. Verb. (third-person singular of scoot) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Scoots
1. scoot [v] - See also: scoot
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Scoots Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Scoots
Literary usage of Scoots
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1903)
"scoots are the lowest grade; rotten boards and all others not admissible in ... The shippers, narrows, poor fours, and scoots are surveyed as described in ..."
2. The Lumberman's Hand Book by Willliam B. Judson (1886)
"scoots.—Are the lowest grade; rotten boards and all others not ad- missable in other ... The shippers, narrow boards, poor fours and scoots are surveyed as ..."
3. The Curiosity Shop: Or, Questions and Answers Concerning the Lumber Business (1906)
"In settling B demands pay for scoots, dead culls. Can he collect? What is the difference between mill culls and scoots and dead culls as accepted by the ..."
4. History of the Lumber Industry of America by James Elliott Defebaugh (1907)
"Poor Fours.—These consist of sappy, shaky, or knotty boards, not suited to be classed in either of the foregoing descriptions. scoots.—Are the lowest grade; ..."