Definition of Scorpio the scorpion
1. Noun. The eighth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about October 23 to November 21.
Generic synonyms: House, Mansion, Planetary House, Sign, Sign Of The Zodiac, Star Sign
Scorpio The Scorpion Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Scorpio The Scorpion Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Scorpio The Scorpion
Literary usage of Scorpio the scorpion
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geography of the Heavens and Class Book of Astronomy: Accompanied by a by Elijah Hinsdale Burritt, Thomas Dick (1843)
"SCORPIO. THE SCORPION.—This is the eighth sign, and ninth constellation, in the order of the Zodiac. It presents one of the most interesting groups of stars ..."
2. Uranography: Or, A Description of the Heavens; Designed for Academics and by Ezra Otis Kendall (1845)
"The sun enters Sagittarius about the 22d of November. SCORPIO—The Scorpion, Contains the following principal stars: a. Antares. £ Graffias. /3 Akrab. ..."
3. The Stars in Song and Legend by Jermain Gildersleeve Porter (1901)
"SCORPIO, THE SCORPION Though on the frigid scorpion I ride, The dreamy air is full, and overflows With tender memories of the summer-tide And mingled voices ..."
4. The Geography of the Heavens, and Class Book of Astronomy: Accompanied by a by Elijah Hinsdale Burritt, Thomas Dick (1849)
"Favorably situated for examination in June, July, and August, SCORPIO. THE SCORPION.—This is the eighth sign, and ninth constellation, in the order of the ..."