Definition of Secretary of education
1. Noun. The person who holds the secretaryship of the Department of Education. "Carter appointed Shirley Hufstedler as the first Secretary of Education"
2. Noun. The position of the head of the Education Department. "The post of Education Secretary was created in 1979"
Generic synonyms: Secretaryship
Group relationships: United States Cabinet, Us Cabinet
Secretary Of Education Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Secretary Of Education Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Secretary Of Education
Literary usage of Secretary of education
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North, William M. Schuyler (1918)
"... the establishment of a national university and the creation of a national department of education under the direction of a Secretary of Education. ..."
2. The Nation and the Schools: A Study in the Application of the Principle of by John Alexander Hull Keith, William Chandler Bagley (1920)
"(2) "The secretary of education is authorized to prescribe plans for keeping accounts of the expenditures of such funds as may be apportioned to the states ..."
3. The Nation and the Schools: A Study in the Application of the Principle of by John Alexander Hull Keith, William Chandler Bagley (1920)
"The Secretary of Education may withhold the apportionment or apportionments of any state for the next ensuing fiscal year whenever he shall determine that ..."