2. Noun. (genetics) An organism that is the result of segregation; a segregate ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Segregant
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Segregant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Segregant
Literary usage of Segregant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Molecular Markers in Plant Genome Analysis: Sponsored CRIS/ICAR Projects and by Andrew Kalinski (1995)
"Bulked segregant analysis and selective genotyping of progeny exhibiting extreme drought tolerance responses will be utilized. ..."
2. Hybrid Rice for Food Security, Poverty Alleviation, and Environmental Protection by Sant S. Virmani, C. X. Mao, B. Hardy, International Rice Research Institute (2003)
"Wang et al (1996), using bulked segregant analysis in the F2 of ... TGMS genes Wang et al (1995) used bulked segregant analysis of the F2 population of the ..."
3. M. Accii Plauti Comœdiæ by Titus Maccius Plautus (1829)
"... atque illi me a senatu segregant : Ubi ego video rem vorti in meo foro, quantum potest, ... nemo 9 Atque illi me segregant] ..."
4. M. Accii Plauti Comœdiæ by Titus Maccius Plautus (1829)
"... atque illi me a senata segregant : Ubi ego video rem vorti in meo foro, quantum potest, ... judices nemo 9 Atque illi me segregant] Atque pro ..."
5. Advances in Hybrid Rice Technology: Proceedings of the 3rd International by Sant S. Virmani, E. A. Siddiq, K. Muralidharan (1998)
"Wang et al (1995) used a bulked segregant analysis to survey RAPD polymorphism of ... From the survey of 389 arbitrary primers in bulked segregant analysis, ..."