Definition of Self-generated
1. Adjective. Happening or arising without apparent external cause. "A spontaneous abortion"
Similar to: Impulsive, Unprompted, Intuitive, Instinctive, Natural
Derivative terms: Spontaneity
2. Adjective. Originating from the self.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Self-generated Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Self-generated
Literary usage of Self-generated
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Grube, JW; Morgan, M.; Kearney, К.A. Using self-generated Identification codes to ... The usefulness of self-generated codes for anonymously linking data in ..."
2. Impacts of Market-Based Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Policies on U.S by Arthur M. Wiese (1998)
"The components of "other" self-generated fuel were unknown at the time of this ... Notice that mills with the largest proportion of self-generated fuels, ..."
3. The American Medical Intelligencer by Robley Dunglison (1840)
"... were spontaneous, or at least self-generated ; and if self-generated, I do not see ,vhy I am compelled to place an unqualified faith in the history ..."
4. The Development of Greek Philosophy by Robert Adamson (1908)
"Nature, in the narrower sense of that term, is regarded as the principle of all self-generated movement, and such movements constitute the more important ..."